Saturday, June 25, 2016

    Logos  

    1.      Since a logo should represent your identity I thought of myself as an older, nontraditional student who works and has a family in addition to taking classes. I need to be balanced and provide strong support for my loved ones.
2.       I brainstormed ways to depict balance, strength and identity. I decided I wanted to use my initials/identity as part of the logo and connect them in some way. I experimented with different typefaces on my computer and then copied them on the paper. My first effort conveyed strength and balance, but I felt it was too static. 





As I continued to experiment, I tried tilting the L before connecting it to the W, creating a more dynamic sense of balance. 









But as I thought more about the issue of “balance”, I should have included the concept of juggling and the flexibility needed to balance. So I continued experimenting with typefaces and decided to try lower case and italics – the forward tilt of the italics gave more of a sense of flexibility and forward movement. To bring the concept of juggling I added three balls (representing family, work and classes), each one of the primary colors (since all of the other colors flow from them). 


I felt then that I had a good combination of dynamic balance and flexibility that are so important in my identity.
3.       The most important discovery I made was to continue experimenting. I kept looking at different typefaces of upper case letters in different orientations, not getting what I wanted until I tried lower case and italics.

4.       I thought the video “What’s in a Logo” was very helpful in seeing the creative process, especially the dialogue between the creative team and the client. That was really the most helpful part for me. The powerpoint was helpful as a summary of the things to consider in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment