Sunday, July 17, 2016

     1.       What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
      I never really look at the details of my hands – it forced me to really take notice of them – the             lines, the orientation of the fingers, etc.
     2.       What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
      I chose pencil. I’m more familiar with using pencil and I thought it would be easier to erase. I             don’t really have much experience drawing and I knew I’d make a lot of mistakes and need to             erase.
     3.       How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
      I really don’t use my left hand for any detail work – I just use it for carrying and as an assist. It’s a       lot weaker than my right hand – harder for me to apply pressure with the pencil and make                   coordinated movements.
     4.       Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
     The drawing of my left hand I think is more accurate and detailed. I think I did a better job of              showing the bending of my fingers. It was much harder with my left hand – I just drew the fingers      and without a natural pose.
     5.       Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?

     No – I don’t feel I can do as good a job with my left hand, except to use it as an assist



No comments:

Post a Comment